Joshua 1:9

Photo by pixabay from pexels.com

You may find it interesting that according to a popular Bible application, Joshua 1:9 was the most shared, bookmarked, and highlighted Bible verse in 2017.  How popular is this verse?  It’s been downloaded more than 300,000,000 times!

“This is my command – be strong and courageous!
Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the Lord your God is with you where ever you go.”

This particular verse comes from God to Joshua immediately after Moses dies as God encourages Joshua to lead His people.

This was the most popular Bible verse in Peru, the Philippines, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, the United Kingdom, Venezuela and Vietnam.  Notice who’s missing? Yep, the United States!  Interestingly enough, the most popular verse in the United States was Romans 2:28:

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love God,
who have been called according to His purpose.”

The app’s end-of-year report also notes that there was an increase in the number of people who read, listened, reflected and shared the Word of God throughout 2017.  This is indeed Good News.

My favorite is still John 3:30, when John the Baptist says about himself, when compared to Jesus: “He must increase, I must decrease.”

What’s your favorite scripture?

Categories: Inspiration, Prayer

• Michelle says:

Of late it has been 1 Thess 5:11: Encourage one another and build one another up, as indeed you do.

• Nancy says:

My daily affirmation is Psalm 118, v. 24 – “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

• bfair1600@aol.com says:

Hello My favorite is Psalm 133 where God promises us everlasting life I read this verse every night before I go to Bed My second is John 3:16 Thank goodness for Miss Frances in Sunday School where we had to recite the verse in Church It is still with me Thanks, Bonnie F

• Shari says:

I strive to live by Micah 6:8, but the verse that lifts my spirit is John 1:14 —and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

I have two favorites…one a long-time favorite:
    I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength Pil 4:13

and a more recent favorite – because I love observing His creation:
    Psalm 19:2 “The heavens declare the glory of God; the sky proclaims its builder’s craft.”

• Barbara says:

My favorite is “In hope we are saved, yet hope is not hope if the object is seen”
    Romans 8:24.

I also have a poster with a sailboat on a rolling sea that says:
    “Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent.”

• Kelly Sharbel says:

My favorite passage is John 13:34-35:
    “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

• sean says:

another great blog post, Chuck. My favorite, which is pretty popular, is Micah 6:8:
    “what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?’