My Amazing Mom

Sunday afternoon, June 2, 2013

Sunday afternoon, June 2, 2013

For those who may not have heard, Mom had triple bypass emergency open-heart surgery on Friday night. As you can see from this picture, Mom is actually doing so well, here she is sitting up and reading the front section of The Washington Post! She’s amazing.

Thank you for your prayers – all are appreciated. If all goes well, we’ll bring Mom home sometime this week. I’ll keep you posted.

Your comments and questions are welcome and will be posted online after moderation. If you have a personal message, please feel free to use the Contact Me form.

• Marianne says:

She truly is amazing. What a strong woman. No wonder you are so amazing. You’ve had a great model to follow!

• Ann Connell says:

Father Chuck, we didn’t know about your Mom’s upcoming surgery. So glad everything went well. What an inspiration from one great lady. She will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery. You’re so lucky to have her!!

• peg mastal says:

Am so happy to hear your Mom continues to thrive! Prayers will continue for her and yourself.

• Joann Manzek says:

I think the Lord has a special place in his heart for Moms, having endowed so many of a certain age with such inner streangth and unbelievable spirit! I hope your Mom continues to improve and we’ll keep her in our prayers. Take care, Chuck!

• Mary-Margaret Green says:

God bless your mom. She’s an indomitable spirit, that’s for sure. Prayers for her continued recovery — and for you and the rest of your family.

• Leslie Dunbar says:

Mark and I send your mom hugs and prayers! So glad to know the surgery went well! Hope her recovery continues to be speedy. xoxo, The Dunbar’s

• Mike McMahon says:

Chuck:

That’s fantastic news! Thanks for sharing and may God continue to bless your mom, you and the rest of your family!

Three Cheers for your mom!

Mike

• Cheryl Simpson says:

So happy to see your mom doing so well. Don’t forget to take care of you while you are caring for her. We will keep all your family in our thoughts and prayers.
    God Bless

• Paula Polglase says:

Will definitely keep her in our prayers and hope that the surgery really helps her. She does look good! Gotta keep up with the news!

• Jim W. says:

That is AWESOME!! So glad she’s doing well …

• MJ says:

Chuck,
    Your Mom is one for the books. I can see why she’s the role model for your entire family….a true blue matriarch. Goc bless her and you. I heard the good news.

• Bill Zaccagnino says:

Chuck, Glad to hear that your mom is doing well now. Once again she proves tougher than any health problem life throws at her. I’ll pray for her continued and quick recovery.

• Christine Reilly says:

Prayers and hugs to your mom and your family. Thank you for sharing this news, we are thinking about you! Love the picture, she looks great!

• Pat Mudd says:

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with all of you and most especially your Mom. All the best. Pat

• Eliana says:

I had no idea about the emergency surgery. So happy to see her reading the paper! Indeed she is amazing. Our thoughts and prayer are going your way for her primarily, but additionally for all the members of the family.

Hope and Peace,
    ET

• Yvonne Beck says:

Thank you so much for letting us know. God bless her. She is amazing. Please give her my love and praying for a quick recovery.
    Yvonne.

• Helaire says:

Chuck – happy to see your Mom doing so well. Sending thoughts and prayers! And, yes, she is amazing!

• joan and tony skiscim says:

She really looks great – a real survivor. She will be in our prayers. Thanks for letting all of us know. Still miss you. Parish celebration went well, it was very well done. Where are you now????? J&T

• Rose says:

Front page my foot, Chuck. She’s checking her investments and plans to outlive all of you! Mrs. McC – you rock! Glad to hear/see the good news.

Rose

• Pat Pitzer says:

Thank you for keeping me posted about your Mom. I will continue to keep her in my prayers, Pat

• Judy Davis says: